• Total sales increased by 1 billion to CHF 8.143 billion from 2011, a year-on-year increase of 14%.
• Net profit increased by 26% to CHF 1.608 billion.
• Operating profit was CHF 1.984 billion, an increase of 22.9% over 2011. Operating profit margin increased from 23.9% to 25.4%.
• More than 1’500 new jobs created, of which about 900 are in Switzerland.
• Proposed dividend increase of 17.4%, bearer shares of 6.75 Swiss francs per share (2011: 5.75 Swiss francs), and registered share capital of 1.35 Swiss francs per share (2011: 1.15 Swiss francs).
• The fiscal year of January 2013 is ideal for the beginning of the year and is expected to continue healthy development throughout the year.
Group Key Figures
Following the release of sales data on January 10, 2013, we now announce key data for the group. A detailed press conference will be announced on March 6, 2013.
Watches and jewelry
The watch and jewellery business continued to grow strongly, with total sales of CHF 7.298 billion, an increase of 15.6% over 2011. All brands recorded very strong growth in the high and mid price ranges. All regions achieved solid sales growth, especially outside Greater China, such as Europe, the United States, Russia and the Middle East.
Watches & Jewellery
Watch and jewelry business operating profit rose by 20.8% to 1.633 billion Swiss francs, and operating margin was 23.5%. Despite the current adverse exchange rate effects, Swatch Group has maintained its long-term policy of not implementing any short-term price increases, which has allowed it to continue to gain new market share in all regions. In terms of marketing, continuous high investment, some hundreds of millions of Swiss francs, has further developed major brands, especially Omega, which has invested heavily during the successful London Olympic Games.
In the field of multi-brand retail, the well-established Tourbillon retail brand continues to maintain a very good development trend, especially opening new stores in the United States. From Swatch to Longines’ ‘Hour Passion’ boutique concept store opened by Longines, each brand’s introduction of innovative retail concepts has been very successful. In addition to airport retail, the first boutiques in Paris and Moscow and the ‘Hour Passion’ multi-brand boutique in London and Rome are also about to open.
To view the full report, click here
Source: Swa tchGroup